Sunday, October 7, 2012

How to install WordPress 3.4 on Synology DS112+ server

First I try to install package from Package Center and it almost work, but afterward I changed my MySql root password (which is empty during package install) and then I was in trouble. Afterward I find article, that describes how easy is to install wordpress latest version from command line.

Because I had mysql stuff already in place, my installation was even easier. I assume that you have
1) ssh access to synology server
2) mysql and phpmyadmin installed


# ssh root@192.168.1.68 (root password is same as admin password)
# cd /volume1/web
# mv wordpress wordpress_old (move old version to another location)
# wget http://wordpress.org/latest.zip
# unzip wordpress-3.4.2.zip


# cd /volume1/web/wordpress
# mv wp-config-sample.php wp-config.php (main wordpress configuration file)

# vi wp-config.php
 DB_NAME: wordpressblog (input the name of your wordpress database)
 DB_USER: user_wordpress (input the username of the wordpress database)
 DB_PASSWORD: 12345678 (input the password of the db username)
 DB_HOST: localhost
 DB_CHARSET: utf8

# phpMyAdmin: drop all tables in wordpressblog database
# browser: http://192.168.1.68/wordpress/wp-admin/install.php

# and install wordpress

# cd /volume1/web
# chown -R nobody:nobody wordpress (just for security reasons)


And voila!, it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment